Are you planning any interesting or exciting winter road trips this season? If so, you should ensure that your car is ready for the road by visiting an automotive mechanic in Phoenix, AZ before taking off. There are a number of easy maintenance services that you can perform before driving through adverse wintry conditions that will ensure that you and your car are ready for a wide range of bad driving circumstances. Reaching out to a qualified mechanical specialist is the best way to make sure that your winter travels are executed as safely as possible.
While it may seem inconvenient to begin the new year with a slew of car maintenance appointments, it can save you a tremendous amount of time and money in the long run. Here are just some of the automotive repair and maintenance services that you should consider investing in before beginning any winter travels:
- Repair any drivability problems: If you have noticed any issues with your car’s drivability, you should address it before engaging in any type of serious winter driving. For instance, if you suspect an issue with your power steering, you should remember that icy conditions will only make the problem worse.
- Invest in fuel deicer: Frozen gas lines can cause serious damage to your car that isn’t easily repaired. Ice crystals forming in the tank and in the fuel lines can also impair your car’s performance. You should consider pouring fuel deicer into your tank at least once a month during the dead of winter.
- Change your filters: Your car’s air and oil filters should be replaced regularly. Your car will run much more effectively and efficiently if it is using cleaner filters. Your engine is less likely to sustain damage or stress if you regularly change out all of its filtration systems.
- Service your cooling system: It may seem counterintuitive, but your car actually needs its cooling system to be extra effective during the winter months. In slippery conditions, cars may struggle to give you the torque necessary to get you moving. You should flush and replace your car’s coolant before attempting any serious winter driving.
- Check the batteries: Cold weather can have a noticeably adverse effect on your car’s batteries. You should consider installing a new car battery before driving in the winter time. Older or damaged batteries may have trouble getting your car to start in extreme cold, leaving you stranded.
S & J Auto Repair & Rental has been a premier automotive mechanic in Phoenix, AZ since 1990. We are proud members of the Auto Service Association and the Better Business Bureau (BBB), with which we maintain an A+ rating.
You can count on us to provide your vehicle with a wide range of essential maintenance and repair services before you begin your winter travels. Working with our highly qualified and trained technicians is a surefire way to ensure that your car is ready for any adverse conditions that the wintry season may throw at it. Call us today to learn more!