If you own a car, it is an inevitability that eventually you will need to hire an auto mechanic in Phoenix. Unfortunately, many drivers dread this prospect, as mechanics often receive a bad reputation for being rude, overpriced and ineffective. Although this is certainly true for some mechanics, finding one of the good ones becomes a lot easier when you know which qualities and credentials to look for. The next time you find yourself in need of a quality auto mechanic in Phoenix, take the time to look over this list and make sure you select the right option:
- Versatility: Finding a great mechanic is difficult enough, but you should not have to find a new one every time a new car problem comes up. To save yourself some time and stress down the road, make sure you find a quality mechanic that offers a wide range of helpful mechanical services, from oil changes to engine repair.
- Local: Supporting a local auto mechanic in Phoenix comes with many benefits: you are more likely to receive strong customer service; you will be treated like a priority; high employee retention means you will have the same people working on your car each time; and finally, supporting any local business puts more dollars into your local economy, resulting in a stronger community for everyone.
- Fully certified: No matter how highly recommended a mechanic might come, you cannot be sure they truly know what they are doing unless they have the proper credentials to prove it. Certification from a respected national auto organization, such as the Auto Service Association (ASA), ensures that your mechanic will be able to handle any car problem you send their way.
- Ratings and reviews: Online reviews are great for narrowing down your initial choices, though keep in mind that they should also be taken with a grain of salt. Strong recommendations from trusted friends and family members are a much safer bet, and the best indicator of all is an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as its Eight Standards of Trust require members to be honest, transparent and full of integrity.
- Strong customer service: Being a great auto mechanic in Phoenix is about more than just knowing how to fix and service cars. It also has to do with treating customers with a certain level of respect and kindness. If a mechanic talks down to you, is cagey in giving you an estimate or just gives you a bad gut feeling, then it is time to start looking for a new mechanic.
If you follow this guide when looking for your next mechanic, then the odds are good that you will end up happy with your final decision. We encourage those looking for a friendly, versatile and certified local mechanic in the Phoenix area to consider giving S & J Auto Repair & Rental a try. Our 25 years of experience and A+ rating from the BBB speak for themselves, and we will work hard to earn your business.